Thursday, June 14, 2007

Jarrett is done!

Pattern: Jarrett by Kim Hargreaves from "Vintage Style"
Yarn: Rowanspun DK in Mouse 6.5 skeins (I think) for size 38
Needles: Addi Turbos 3.75mm, 4mm and 3.25mm for patches
Mods: None.
Started: August 2006
Finished: June 2007

I'm so glad it's done. I blocked it before Jason tried it on and I stretched the sleeves a bit too much. I'll have to remember that when I wash it again.

The buttons are great! At first they looked like petrified wood but I think they are some kind of horn. You never really know what they will look like until they are on the garment. I was afraid that they would be too large but I think they are perfect.

Here are some others that inspired me:
Aren't they all just wonderful?

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Jarrett is on his way...

I am still here. Just busy -and then not so busy -but without a camera so no posting (boring without the pictures). So I got promoted at work and am very pleased, very happy, and it's what I've wanted for a long time! Jason and a couple of my kids are in Ontario and have been for about a week so I've had a lot of time to knit and get some house things done and spend time with Sebastian. Tonight I finished seaming Jarrett! All the ends are even woven in! Too bad the camera isn't here. I'm going to wait to block it until Jason has had a chance to try it on and then if I need to block it to a certain length or width I can do that then. I'll take a picture and post it before I do the blocking though. I'm so GLAD to have that one done. I thing it has been one year exaclty since he picked out the yarn with me. Pretty sad.